PHOTOSELECTIVE MUTCH FILM
Sheet manufactured from a combination of LDPE, LLDPE and metallocene materials in different thicknesses, depending on the end application.
The photoselective mulch film can be produced in brown and green.
- Protects crops from external atmospheric agents that can harm them.
- Its combination of photoselective additives prevents the passage of part of the visible light (which enables photosynthesis to take place), preventing weed growth.
- These photoselective additives also permit thermal radiation to pass through and heat the soil, increasing its temperature and promoting root development.
- Its combination of UV stabilizers provides a long service life and suitable conditions for its intended use.
- The disadvantage is that during very hot times of the year, the temperature of the soil covered by this mulch film can become too hot for the root system of the plant.
This film is also available in the following formats:
- Microperforated: improves the drainage of excess water, preventing puddles, while facilitating the exchange of CO2 between the soil and the crop, promoting photosynthesis.
- Macroperforated: different hole diameters to mark the spacing of the plants.
- Printed: to indicate the spacing of the plants.