SILVER & BLACK MULCH FILM
Two-tone (silver and black) sheet manufactured from a combination of LDPE, LLDPE and metallocene materials in different thicknesses, depending on the end application.
- Protects crops from atmospheric agents that can harm them.
- Prevents weed growth, since no light passes through.
- The reflection of the silver layer results in high yields and precocity, since it provides extra light to the plant (but not as much as the black and white version).
- This prevents the risk of burns to the above-ground portion of the plant, as this film heats up much less than the black film.
- Repels certain insects.
- Its combination of UV stabilizers provides a long service life and suitable conditions for its intended use.
- The disadvantage is that by reflecting a large portion of the incident radiation, the soil under the plastic receives little heat during the day.
This film is also available in the following formats:
- Microperforated: improves the drainage of excess water, preventing puddles, while facilitating the exchange of CO2 between the soil and the crop, promoting photosynthesis.
- Macroperforated: different hole diameters to mark the spacing of the plants.
- Printed: to indicate the spacing of the plants.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEETS